Thursday, February 26, 2009

MYOB #33 Lost - in my beers

02/25/07

The marathon is 4 days away and I am hitting my stride in my beer tasting training. Tonight while watching lost we tried the following amazing beers.



#72 Stone Brewing Arrogant Bastard Ale (California) A Dark brown color with a nice head. Strong bitter hops at the start followed up by a nice malty flavor. An overall great beer. If you get a chance read the label on the back. It will give you a chuckle. They are some arrogant bastards at Stone. (did you write that Jimmy) 7.2%abv




#73 Unibroue Maudite (Canada) The name means "Damned" which I thought was funny because the beer is anything but. This is a strong belgian ale with a nice dark color and a great taste. It tastes very similar to the brew created by Unibroue for Trader Joes. 8%abv


#74 Allegash Dubbel Reserve Batch 77 - (Maine) Another dark Belgian style beer with hints of fruit flavors and a strong malt body.
Excellent beer. 7%abv



As you can see from the alcohol content of these beers they are not the type for heavy drinking nights. I definately felt the alcohol after the 3 I had tonight and was glad I did not have to drive anywhere. It did help me sleep well though!


Totals
Beers 74
Countries 19
Continents 5

Cheers and more Beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment