Thursday, February 26, 2009

MYOB #31 Cafe St. Ex



Cafe St. Ex in DC has a great selection of beers on tap and by the bottle. Last Saturday night we spent the evening there sample a few of their beers.

#66 Peaks Organic Amber Ale - (Maine) An excellent amber beer with a great flavor of roasted malt


#67 Troegs Dreamweaver Wheat (PA) - A true Wheat beer which is not my favorite kind.








#68 Kasteel Belgium Brown Ale (Belgium) - This is a really strong dark beer that needs to be sipped and enjoyed. Excellent dark ale flavor and dark brown color.





#69 Bells Double Cream Stout - (Michigan) - An excellent stout that I could drink over and over. As the name states it is very creamy, has a black color with little head and smells malty with a hint of caramel. Awesome beer.








#70 Acadia Porter -(Maine) - Another very good dark beer. A nice flavor but I am not too sure of the color as I drank it from the bottle. It was also late in the night and I probably was past my beer tasting limit and could not differentiate flavors too well.




I am surprised to find that many of these beers have not been rated by the beer advocate yet.

Totals
Beers 70
Countries 19
Continets 5
Cheers and more Beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment